Thursday, June 4, 2009

...Up in the gym workin' on my fitness...

A component of the Katy 3.0 relaunch includes a commitment to fitness. Why? For obvious reasons, I'm running a 1/2 marathon people... I need to run. But, seriously, you need to include more than running in your routine to be successful.

For the past 3-4 months I have been taken somewhat of a transient approach to acquiring a gym membership. I have tried out every one of the gyms you can think of. I wouldn't put it past them to have all collaborated and put up a "WARNING: DO NOT GIVE A FREE PASS TO THIS GIRL" poster... becasue I was pretty much not likely to commit.

I seriously had a ton to evaluate when choosing a fitness facility. I needed a place that was accessible when I could get there - either early in the morning or late at night. I needed a place that wasn't a zillion miles away from home. Someone available if I needed to ask a question (I'm not that good at just "figuring out" what the machines do). I also wanted to go somewhere where "normal looking" people go, not uber muscular or crazy thin. Finally, I have a budget to stay withing, So, the place where I ended up couldn't cost my life's savings (which honestly isn't that much right now... thank you stock market).

After searching for what seemed like an etermity, I think I have found a place to hang my tennis shoes and call home. Anytime Fitness is a 24-hour fitness facility that caters to busy people. It offers state - of - the art equipment, free classes, private showers, changing areas and even tanning 24/7. Most importantly: IT'S AFFORDABLE!!!! They had a couple different packages to choose from (and I am assuming the offers vary by location). Mine included an extremely reasonable enrollment fee and I don't have to start pating until September. Plus when I originally went in to inquire about membership, they were really low key about pushing a sale on me.

I will tell you though, Lifetime Fitness took a close second. But, I think that is a place that I will eventually graduate to. They weren't as cost effective for me at this point in my life, and it was a further drive. And, I need to give myself as little wiggle room as possible to make excuses.

So, if you're curious, check them out at www.anytimefitness.com.

Anyway, off to make myself "Katylicious"

2 comments:

  1. Good for you! Nothing makes you feel as good as being physically fit. After I had Bria, my second, I joined Curves and began going 4 times a week. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. It made me a happier person and a better mom. I have continued to go 3-4 times per week throughout this pregnancy and hope to continue until I deliver. Best of luck to you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks you too! I loved Curves, I worked out there for a few years.

    ReplyDelete