Wednesday, June 3, 2009

@ 10,950 days....

September 16, 2008. The day I turned 30. Approximately 10,950 days old. (Give or take a few days if adding in the leap years)

With that came a rush of several emotions ranging from OMG... I'm 30! :) to OMG... I'M F*@K!NG 30! Where did the time go? How could I be 30? How could I look and feel like this and be 30?!!!

Before you go all, "You're beautiful no matter what size you are" on me, grab a cup of coffee and let me share something with you. Look... I am tired of my thighs rubbing together when I walk. I am not happy with wearing the largest size on the regular size rack, or going into the "other store." It's just not for me. Plus, I know I am lazy and will continue to be lazy until something changes.

So, I have taken these 10 months to create a re-launch plan. As any good PR pro would do, I have sat down and scribbled out a plan to reinvent myself. I think if I follow the same type of metrics I do in my professional life then I should have no problem succeeding. I am now to the point in my plan where I can work on creating a stronger, healthier Katy. And if you know me, I tend to take and all or nothing approach to things. So with that, I have decided to sign up for the Detroit Free Press 1/2 marathon.

This blog will serve as an ineractive tool for me to chart my progress, and will hopefully serve as a motivator for others. That if I can do it, anyone can. I am the most unathletic, easily distracted person you will ever meet.

As a reader, I encourage you to post comments and make suggestions. In no way am I a medical and/or fitness professional so take my ramblings for what they're worth: they work for me, which doesn't necessarily mean they will work for you. And, if you find what I am doing works for you, or a slightly tweaked version of that... let me know and I will post it as well.

Official half marathon training for me begins monday.

No comments:

Post a Comment