Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Food: 101


Food... one of the things that gives us life and can also take it away. I'll be honest, I won't lie... I think about it a lot. In them morning, throughout the day, even at night before bed. There are so many fantastically wonderful things about it, but there are also so many not-so-wonderful things.

So, I took the initiative to commit to "going back to food school." I needed a refresher course on what to eat, how to eat it, and when to eat it. Since I am going to embark on this training mission, I need to have the tools to survive. So, I decided to sign myself back up for WeightWatchers.

Why WW? The WeightWatchers program is proven time and time again to guide people on how to eat better... for life. Thier plans are simple, easy to use, and you can choose one of 2 routes, the points system, or a plan similar to the Eat Clean regimine which is also popular. Plus, that little orange fuzzy guy is so adorable in his little commercials hiding in bookcases and under desks... how cute is that.

Ok, Katy, back on track... Seriously, I think they provide the best education and tools around for the price (a meeting is about $14/week, you can purchase package deals which are pretty affordable) and they have this kick ass online tool where you can look up every food imaginable or figure out it's points based on calories, fat and fiber. And, since my Blackberry is an additional appendage, they have a mobile tool as well. Plus, if you have super good insurance, you can get reimbursed for up to $150/year in some cases.

I've been on the WW plan before and started using thier online tools when they first launched back about 7 or 8 years ago. I found it to be really helpful, and held me accountable. And, it's totally affordable. If you joing in conjunction with meetings, then you get 2 free weeks, followied by a nominal monthly fee afterward. Plus, I have enough points to where I can really go "all out" if I have to. For instance, we have had cake for various reasons at work the past two days. I was able to work it where I could still have a small piece each day and not go over my points allotment for the day. And keeping me from cake is like keeping a stripper from a stack of $20's :)

So, again, this is what is working for me... if you're interested check it out for yourself at http://www.weightwatchers.com/ :)

No comments:

Post a Comment