Monday, June 15, 2009

12 miles and counting

Well week 1 wrapped up with 12 successful miles completed and an introduction to the walking trail (Kudos to Anne for being a fantastic tour guide).

I think I am going to start walking the trail every day at work. And let me tell you, this isn't some baby trail either. One time around = 1 mile. So I can use the trail as a good prelude to my running in the evening. Plus, the trail has brigdes that go over the little creek that runs through the property, so the walk will actually be quite a recharge. Plus I look super hot walking the trail in my tennies and my dress of the day !!!

This week I mix in a couple of 4 mile days with my 3, and I am also incorporating weights on my off running days. I think the weights will help build my stamina when I'm running, from what I hear, I lack it. :)

I will confess something... ready??? I have never run farther than 3 miles in one run. So this will really be taking it to the next level for me. I think I can do it though. I mean I really don't have a choice right?

So, on the blogging docket for this week, photos from the trail, my search for blister relief, and the best sunscreen for an outside workout.

1 comment:

  1. I enjoyed being your tour guide, Katy! I remember when someone showed me the trail, and this whole new world on the work campus just opened up. It is the best break from work ever - move over coffee. Thanks for the company. 1/2 marathon here we come!!

    ReplyDelete