Monday, June 8, 2009

Haters....

From time to time, PR professionals encounter naysayers, or those trying to toss a wrench into a perfectly spinning wheel. And, as a professional, you always prepare for those situations with a list of talking points or a way to take that negative and turn it into a positive. It's part of the craft, and if you do it well, you come out smelling like a rose, and the other person has no choice but to open mouth and insert foot.

Well, this can happen in life outside of the profession as well. Take for instance my self challenge of losing all of this weight and tackling this half marathon. Some call it far fetched, not possible, or outright stupid. Look, I like a challenge. For me, taking something that it almost impossible and making it possible is what drives me, makes me tick. I have been known to put myself in situations that seem almost imposible to get out of, and force myself to trudge through them, so that I learn. Maybe, I don't do it the fastest, or have the most stamina in the beginning, but I do it. And I learn from it. And that's the most important thing.

I guess what I am trying to say is, I know who you are, I don't know how you found my blog, but listen and listen carefully: I will do this. I will lose the weight I need to lose. Oh, and the half marathon. I will run it. And I will do it for ME. Not YOU.

"Only one who can see the invisible can do the impossible." And guess what buddy, I have great eyesight.

- For those that are wondering I lost 4.7 pounds last week, and today begins my official training. Three miles today.

3 comments:

  1. GOOD for you! Keep working on you WILL do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks sweetie :) And thanks for "following" me too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go, Katy! Darn if I can't lose the weight and I exercise almost every day at the gym.

    ReplyDelete