Friday, June 19, 2009

9.8 down ... 56.2 to go!

Happy Fantastic Friday! Today is my "weigh in" day at the club (Weight Watchers), and I was surprised to learn that I was down an additional 5.6 pounds for a total of 9.8! So that means only 56.2 pounds to go! While that may seem like a lot, I am really trying to take this journey one pound at a time, and one mile at a time.

The group leader - who is this super cute grandma (who really doesn't look like a grandma) touched on some excellent points today one of them being the importance of eating breakfast. I will be honest, before this whole change in thinking I was probably the chairwoman of the anti-breakfast party. I hated it. Not only did eating breakfast make me feel like I wanted to barf, but at the time it made me hungy for things I shouldn't have been eating. But, now that I am doing it the right way, this is what I have learned - eat a balance of complex carbs and protien for breakfast ... everyday. And I know people screech at the sound of carbs, but I am finding that carbs (the right ones... not the 2 glasses of Charodnnay I had on Saturday) can contribute to healthy weight loss. I am finding it gives me more energy throughout the day, especially on my running days.

This week I also proved to make progress on the running side... I completed my first 4 mile day! I will tell you, I was beat at the end, but it was a great accomplishment. I also found that by walking on the path at least 2 miles during the day and then running at night helped my energy level as well. I was hoping to cover blisters and sunscreen this week, but they will have to wait until next week because my blister healed too quickly and this weather has been a little tricky to try out my new sunscreens.

Really, my two take aways from this week would be exercise, and breakfast. I think if I didn't stick to my gun and have a decent breakfast and really incorporate that extra exercise, I wouldn't be this far ahead.

No comments:

Post a Comment