Sorry for the lapse in posts, I was wound up in a web of words for work yesterday. So many words in fact they were coming out of my ears.
My first day of training Monday went smoothly. But, I have decided that I am a really weird runner. When running, I have to focus on just running and breathing, running and breathing, if not, my mind will wander, and I will begin to remember just how tired I am. So, the TVs that they have attached to the treadmill serve as a nice distraction. Something to concentrate on so my mind doesn't begin to wander away from running... breathing... running ... breathing.
Yesterday was a rest day according to my schedule. But I think I am going to incorporate strength training into my days off. Just because I think that would help my stamina.
Prior to the start of my training on Monday, I treated myself to a new pair of running shoes. I had no clue what kind of shoes I needed, so I thought I would turn to the experts. Running Fit is a chain of stores in the area that will work closely with you to find a shoe that will maximize your potential. I stopped in there and with a few short questions I found a shoe that really made a difference in my running. First of all, my feet didn't throb the next day. Also, I think it helped my back as well. Their shoes are reasonably priced, and you can order online too. (www.runningfit.net). What I thought was also neat, is that they offer classes in running as well. Classes? Who needs a class to run. I won't be taking one, but what they offered seemed interesting.
So, I settled on a moderately priced pair of New Balance. The sales associate said that running shoes are good for about 300-500 miles depending on the shoe. That made me laugh. What are they tires?
Anyway, off for another night of training. Let's see where the road leads me tonight.
5 Reasons Barbells Aren’t Just for Gym Bros
18 hours ago

No comments:
Post a Comment