Friday, July 10, 2009

Numbers not words tell the story....


Let me be completely honest - I SUCK at math. The sight of fractions makes me want to hide under the covers. Balancing my checkbook, ummm...not so much. It seems like the only time I am a pro with numbers is when I figure out how much more time I have to sleep before I absolutely HAVE to get up and get ready for work.

So it was extremely difficult when I actually had to sit down and crunch the numbers to see what it would take to not only loose the weight I gained, but accomplish my goal of completing this half marathon. When it came down to it, I had 65 pounds to loose. And, I needed to run about 200 miles or more to make sure I could finish the half marathon. At the 7 week mark, this is how I fair:

Weight Lost: 15.25 pounds
Need To Loose: 49.25

Miles Ran: 90
Miles to Go: 110
*BONUS: I added another 75 miles of walking in for 165 miles total traveled on foot! That's like 1 round trip for me to work plus an additional 45 miles.

So really, crunching all of these numbers will equal 1 healthy, happier, more confident me.

No comments:

Post a Comment